Electrical Engineer - Power
Our Green Bay and Appleton, WI offices are currently seeking Power Distribution Leadership professionals.
In this exciting role you will be challenged and responsible for:
- Leading master plan studies, analyses, design and construction oversight specifically related to electrical systems for industrial power distribution applications;
- Protective relaying schemes including coordination and development of relay settings and interface with advanced SEL systems;
- Supervision of design and production team resources;
- Equipment specifications, BOM development, bid-review, and factory acceptance testing electrical equipment including switchgear, high voltage breakers, GIS, transformers, protection systems and generation control equipment;
- Electrical interconnection to the utility power grid and associated equipment;
- System modeling and calculations including short-circuit, arc-flash, load flow, grounding and lightning protection, Protective relay setting development, calculation, and coordination studies. Relay programming including SCADA and SEL RTAC systems;
- Facilities electrical power distribution schemes, grounding and lighting studies;
- Development of construction document packages including required specifications and drawings that will be utilized for bidding and construction;
- Client interface and communication and coordination with contractors and outside parties;
- Training, quality control, engineering design and analysis;
- Act as a subject matter expect (SME) with the Power and Controls department for the areas listed above.
The ideal candidate for this position will be responsible for process work for varied clients including LV/MV power distribution, combined heat and power unit integration, utility transmission and distribution on multiple projects of various sizes. Experience requirements include:
- B.S. (minimum) in Electrical Engineering is required
- Registration (P.E.) is required
- 5+ years of experience
- Detailed experience in the development and implementation of power process electrical systems required
- Task lead experience including scope definition, estimation, and project execution while meeting established schedule and budget requirements required
- Protection system design required
- Design for substation interfaces including relay protection and interconnection agreements with utility companies required
- Ability to direct the production of design packages using 3D AutoCAD and EPlan , SmartPlant or equivalent is preferred, with 2D AutoCAD required
- 10-20% travel is required for duties including field verification, construction oversight, commissioning and startup
- Industrial power plant electrical systems evaluation and design preferred; with related experience in chemical, petroleum and other industrial process plants acceptable
- System modeling using EasyPower, SKM Power Tools, ETAP, or similar modeling software is preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.