Underground Electric Apprentice Lineman A
MasTec-Utility Services' activities include the installation, maintenance and upgrade of communication and utility infrastructure, including but not limited to: communications, electrical and natural gas distribution infrastructure.
At MasTec you’ll be joining a family where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless.
In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, MasTec offers competitive pay, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 401K and employee stock discounts.
A Class A Apprentice Linemen should be able to perform diversified work construction and maintain poles, power lines, and auxiliary facilities and equipment for the transmission and distribution of electricity under the direct supervision of a lineman or foreman. Must be able to trouble shoot systems with skill. Must also be capable of and prepared to perform the various duties of Groundman to Class B Apprentice Lineman
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: (include but not limited to)
- Provides the needed services for the construction, operation, and maintenance of the customer’s electrical distribution system.
- Provides technical skills needed for the operation and maintenance of reliable electrical service for the consumer with quality and timeliness.
- Provides for connecting and disconnecting, installing and removal, moving and transferring of various electrical devices on customer’s facilities, i.e. transformers, transformer banks, regulators, switches, switching devices, capacitor banks, etc.
- Capable of investigating consumer complaints and making repairs to energized electrical distribution lines under the direct supervision of a lineman or foreman.
- Must have an understanding of basic and advanced electrical principles, possess a working knowledge of customer’s specifications, be proficient in all phases of line construction, be capable of operating equipment necessary to complete jobs, i.e. bucket truck and digger derrick.
- Must have a complement of lineman’s tools
- Must always comply with proper safety standards/procedures and work practices according to MasTec standard.
- Directly responsible for all personal actions and any vehicles or equipment in their care, custody or control
- Report all personal & vehicle accidents/incidents immediately to supervisors, cooperate and assist in the investigations of same
- Responsible for timely submission of all Apprentice Program required documentation
- Valid driver’s license
- CDL Class A
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Requires extended periods of bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, lifting in awkward positions, standing, twisting, reaching above shoulder level, working in confined spaces, working off a pole or in a bucket.
- High school graduate or GED certificate preferred.
- Advanced training in electrical principles would be an asset.
Primary Location - FL-Doral
Schedule - Full-time