Journeyman Distribution Lineman
The Distribution Lineman is responsible for the installation, construction, maintenance, and repair of overhead power distribution lines. This position performs work on energized and non-energized lines while operating man lift equipment, bucket trucks or other specialized equipment. This position may teach and instruct lower classifications and is generally assigned to a specific project.
- Construction, installation, maintenance and replacement of poles, anchors, crossarms, pins, cut-outs, and other overhead pole components.
- Installation, maintenance and replacement of transformers, reclosers, capacitors, regulators, step-downs and other overhead pole equipment.
- Inspect lines, poles and equipment for signs of damage or wear.
- Carry poles, dig holes, frame and guy poles and perform other operations involved in the setting or replacing of poles.
- Troubleshoot electrical problems and perform emergency repairs on distribution circuits.
- Set up and operate wire tensioners, rope rigs, and other wire stringing equipment.
- Stringing and sagging conductor.
- Responsible for efficient and proper use of all tools, materials, and equipment.
- Operate, inspect, and maintain bucket trucks, digger derricks, excavation equipment, and other equipment.
- Read and interpret site plans, construction drawings, schedules, and scopes of work.
- Assist Foremen with overseeing lower classifications by coordinating and assigning tasks, monitoring work, training and mentoring.
- Assist Foremen with monitoring safety and productivity of crewmembers.
- Assist with conducting safety tailgate meetings with crew and completing required paperwork.
- Understand DOT and OSHA standards, as well as company-specific standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience performing energized, overhead distribution work required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience performing energized, overhead distribution work required
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Valid Commercial Driver's License required
- Journey Lineman Certification is preferred
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
- Able to follow and provide written and oral job plans and instructions
- Must be safety focused
- Able to anticipate needs and proactively offer solutions
- Able to make sound decisions and work independently
- Able to make decisions in an emergency situation
Safety is a shared responsibility of all employees; therefore, employees are required to follow all safety standards, policies, and procedures set forth by the Company in addition to complying with all occupational safety, health and environmental laws mandated by relevant local, state, and federal laws or regulations. All employees are responsible for the personal and/or team implementation of “Safety as a Value.” If you have questions regarding safety, please contact a safety representative immediately.