Graduate Electrical Engineer
Dashiell is a leading national provider of technical services to the electric utility, power generation, industrial, renewable and energy industries. These services include planning and systems studies, design and engineering, maintenance and testing, program management, construction, and turnkey EPC projects. Built on 50 years of experience handling large scale complex projects; Dashiell is unique in that we are a turnkey Engineering, Construction, and Testing company that specializes in medium and high voltage electrical infrastructure. More information about Dashiell can be found at www.dashiell.com.?
As a member of a project team, the Graduate Electrical Engineer will perform engineering and design duties, which require application of engineering principles. Assignments are closely supervised and designed to further develop employee job knowledge and abilities.
This position is in the Dashiell Houston office located at 12301 Kurland Drive, Suite 400, Houston, TX 77034.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Employee may be called upon to perform any or all of the following functions:
- Work with a project team to perform specific tasks as assigned for the creation of design documents and drawings for a project, including creating wiring diagrams from schematics, generating bills of materials, and applying field mark-ups of project as-built drawings under direct supervision
- Perform engineering support tasks such as relay burden, lighting, simplified load flow, and short circuit calculations under direct supervision
- Learn and apply engineering application software to complete engineering tasks such as ground grid design, relay coordination, transformer sizing, and load flow and short circuit studies under direct supervision
- Complete tasks as assigned to meet engineering and design project schedule requirements
- Learn and apply engineering standards including NEC, NESC, NEMA, IEEE and ANSI
- Learn and properly use the document management system
- Learn and apply corporate standard engineering practices
- Spend time at job sites to gain hands-on knowledge and additional training in substation construction and design
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and accuracy of his/her work
- Bring potential project-related problems and possible solutions to the attention of the responsible party
- Travel out of town for short periods of time as required by projects and assignments
- Other duties as required
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university is required, a power focus is preferred. Engineer in Training (EIT) certificate or ability to obtain EIT certificate within one year of date of hire is required. Prior internship and/or related work experience in the power field is preferred.
Possess skills in the following areas:
- Knowledge of electrical AC/DC fundamentals
- Basic knowledge of three phase power systems
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated communication skills, both verbally and written
- Knowledge of common word processing, spreadsheet, and e-mail software
Dashiell provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. The company provides life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and an employee assistance plan at no cost to the employee. Benefit offerings also include a choice of traditional PPO or HDHP, with corresponding FSA or HSA, dental, vision, supplemental life insurance, 401K with immediate vesting and more.
Must be at least 18 years of age and legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship. ?No third party recruiters please.