Transmission Lineman (0G)
Performs a variety of duties related to the installation, operation, repair, and maintenance of overhead and/or underground distribution systems, transmission facilities, and street light systems to provide continuous and dependable electric service to customers.
- Constructs and maintains overhead electric transmission systems in accordance with approved construction standards and approved work methods.
- Utilizes equipment, materials and manpower in a safe, efficient and effective manner.
- Projects a positive company image by maintaining a good appearance and working relationship with internal and external customers.
- Maintains and operates assigned vehicle used in performance of duties.
- Attends and participates in safety meetings, schools and training sessions regarding safe and proper performance of duties.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Five (5) years progressive Lineman experience and completion of OGE Apprentice Program, or one (1) year of equivalent Journey Lineman experience (i.e. Electric Utility certified Journeyman Lineman).
- Valid Class A Commercial Drivers' License with DOT certification with no restrictions.
**NO RELOCATION AUTHORIZED FOR THIS POSITION**
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical principles.
- Demonstrated ability to climb poles and work at heights up to and exceeding thirty (30) feet.
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to learn and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and company policies.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in speech and writing.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and professionally with team members, leaders, and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, diagnosis problems, and resolve effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to understand equipment, systems, and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to use common purpose hand tools and other materials of various craft trades.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust and adapt across varied working conditions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and adherence to safety requirements and the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Mechanical skills and familiarity working with mechanical equipment (e.g., aerial bucket trucks, construction equipment).
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently under minimal supervision.
- Computer skills with knowledge of MS-Office Suite (e.g., Outlook).
- Knowledge of basic math.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of utility lighting systems.
- Possible exposure to hazardous noise due to use of heavy equipment.
- Required to work at heights up to and exceeding thirty (30) feet.
- Required to work with voltages up to 34.5 kV.
- Required to work non- standard work schedules to include on-call, overtime, weekends, holidays, and call-outs.
- Exposed to extreme conditions and inclement weather.
- Maintains or obtain all required certifications (e.g., Class A Switching, Confined Space).
- Successfully complete Lineman and Switching Schools under the Apprentice Program.
- Required to operate motor vehicle safely in all traffic, weather and light conditions.
- May be required to work under hazardous conditions.
- Requires wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Required to work away from home for extended periods, as needed.
- May be required to maintain permanent residence within 30 minute driving time to assigned service center, except System Construction.
- **Physical Demands**
- Lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Pushing up to 115 pounds of force.
- Pulling up to 83 pounds of force.
- Prolonged walking with frequent stair climbing.
- Prolonged standing on various surfaces.
- Frequent stooping and crouching.
- Occasional kneeling and crawling.
- Frequent fine motor coordination and grasping.
- Frequent work in awkward positions in confined spaces.
- Frequent reaching overhead and reaching forward.
- Occasional pole climbing.
- For additional information about physical demands, go to oge.com/physicaldemands
Job LocationOklahoma City, Oklahoma, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular