Groundman - Overhead
Overview: The Groundman position is your first step to a rewarding career in the construction and maintenance of our nation’s Power Grid. You will assist your team in building, repairing, and maintaining overhead electrical distribution systems.
Job Duties: As a Groundman you will support your team by:
- Securing the safety of yourself and others
- Assisting fellow line-workers in meeting project objectives
- Readily joining storm restoration efforts in times of need
- Operating vehicles and equipment in a professional manner
- Continuing training to improve technical and leadership skills
- Customer Service Focused
- Ethical and Honest
- Dutifully follows established Safety Rules and Company Policy
- Able to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License permit within 60 days of employment.
- Able to read/write and communicate effectively.
- Able to travel long distances on short notice, when required.
- Able to work for extended periods in various locations, when required.
- Able to lift in-excess of 50 lbs.
- Willing to work over-time when requested.
- Works safely while performing new construction, maintenance, or repair work of energized and de-energized overhead work
- Properly inspects rubber goods and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Understands when to wear personal protective equipment
- Strings overhead wire
- Sets poles and anchors
- Assists with installing transformers, lightening arrestors, cutouts, cross-arms, insulators, switches and switchgear
- Assists in replacing fuses in transformers and clears faulted circuits and systems
- Frequently works with energized high voltage systems requiring skill and care to protect the lives of themselves and others
- Maintains company vehicles, equipment and tools in good working order
- Able to perform rigorous physical labor
- Understands proper use of company radio
- Understand basic rigging, hand lines, and lineman knot tying
- Understand the proper use and maintenance of hand tools
- Capable of receiving and following directions
- Possess a basic knowledge of materials used in line work
- Able to identify primary and secondary voltage on a circuit
- Must be familiar with induced voltage
- Capable of assisting with the installation and hook up of a single-phase transformer
- Capable of performing basic bucket rescue/escape
- Understands the basic concepts of equipment set up and grounding
- Capable of working at heights and/or confined spaces
- Understands minimum approach distance
- Understands excavation and shoring requirements
- Capable of checking voltage on transformers
- Capable of installing and removing a service
- Must be able to climb different types of structures (wood, steel, etc.) and possess the necessary tools to do so
- Understands how and when to use Kellum grips
- Able to identify different types of materials used in line work
- Must be able to work outside, frequently in inclement weather
- Does all other related work as required to complete the job
Pike Electric, LLC is a Non-union CompanyNOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team-members may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
FLSA Status :Non-exempt
Primary Location :Florida-Bradenton
Functional Area :Distribution
Organization :Pike Corporation, Inc.