Utility Truck & Trans Vehicle Trades
Job Title: Utility Truck & Trans Vehicle Trades
Job Number: BCH-R-0478-180213E1
Job Location: Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
Job Status: Full-time Permanent
We’re BC Hydro and we have a big job to do.
Keeping the lights on for over 4 million people across the province takes a lot of talented people doing many different jobs. From working deep in a generating station, atop a power pole, or behind a desk, whatever it is that makes you tick we offer challenging careers to help you reach your potential.
We’re investing more than $2 billion per year in major capital infrastructure projects to help meet the growing demand for safe, reliable power. We’re upgrading transmission lines, building new substations, and investing in our hydroelectric generation facilities. We aim to provide meaningful and challenging work, opportunities for growth and a healthy work/life balance. We’ve been recognized for excellence and been named one of B.C.’s Top
Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for four years in a row.
It's our vision to be the most trusted, innovative utility company in North America by being smart about power in all we do.
As per IBEW Collective Agreement.
- Truck and Transport Vehicle Mechanic (with red seal) with a utility certification and is qualified to work on aerial devices and shall generally perform the duties of their trade in a safe and efficient manner.
- These duties shall include the repair, maintenance, modification and commissioning of vehicles and equipment.
- As per IBEW Collective Agreement.
- A British Columbia Trades Qualification (BCTQ) in Commercial Transport (or Truck & Transport) is required for this position.
- BC Hydro Utility Certification and qualified to work on aerial devices or the ability to obtain certification.
- A British Columbia Certificate of Qualification (BCCQ) in commercial truck or heavy duty mechanics.
- A valid B.C. driver's licence Class 3 with air brake endorsement or ability to obtain same.
- Maintenance / repair and operational experience with digger derricks, cranes, material handling aerial devices and personnel lifts is essential.
- A Utility Truck & Transport mechanic may be assisted by a driver/helper.
This position is affiliated with the international Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Union (IBEW local 258) www.ibew258.bc.ca
- As a condition of employment you must have and maintain in good standing: * Air Brake Endorsement = Yes * Driver's License Type = Class 3
- Certification as a Commercial Vehicle Inspector is required.
- This role will be required to participate in the afternoon shift rotation.
- This position requires effective interpersonal skills for interacting with co-workers, customers, vendors, and support a positive team approach.
- This position requires effective organizational, planning and troubleshooting skills.
- This position requires excellent safety attitude and performance.
- Competent with use of PC operating systems and programs in use at BC Hydro is required.
- Sound knowledge of hydraulic systems for truck mounted Aerial Equipment. Knowledge of new vehicle outfitting.
- A written quiz and hands on test covering technical, safety, and administrative skills may form part of the selection process.
At BC Hydro we are committed to keeping our employees healthy and safe by providing a generous benefit package that includes vacation (minimum of 3 weeks), overtime pay, designated day offs with pay, disability income, health, vision and dental care as well as pension benefits.
Please be advised that this role has been assessed as safety sensitive and pre-qualification alcohol and drug testing will be required as a pre-condition to employment.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We act with integrity.
We respect our province.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Don't forget to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and copies of your certifications. If applicable, include your Trades Qualification. This will ensure we have all the necessary information to assess your application without any delays.
Click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job.
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at https://app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html by March 2nd, 2018.