Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Timken Company is seeking an Electrical Engineer for their Tyger River Plant in Union, South Carolina. This position is responsible for:
Purpose and Scope
Development and troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment to eliminate production and quality problems including project management, documentation, implementation and utilizing preventative & predictive maintenance techniques. Provide technical support to the Maintenance Department for electrical/electronic projects and advanced, non-routine diagnostics.
Provide engineering support, advanced troubleshooting, enhancement projects, programming and software revisions for:
- Fanuc and Siemens CNC controls and custom Operator Interfaces for grinding, turning and machining equipment
- Heat Treat WonderWare SCADA, Part Tracking, SQL Reporting Service, PLC Controls and network for furnaces, quench systems, process water system and waste treatment systems
- Security access and surveillance systems
Responsible for all aspects of engineering, safety and maintenance of the plant’s 480 and 4160-volt electrical distribution system including preventative maintenance, power monitoring SCADA system, arc flash analysis, and load studies for new/relocating equipment.
Provide engineering, troubleshooting, and maintenance of the Carrier iView DDC control system serving humidity and temperature controls, chilled water plant, compressed air system and steam system including developing and implementing a migration strategy from the current obsolete control platform.
- Development and implementation of troubleshooting production equipment control systems.
- Testing, maintenance and troubleshooting of plant’s electrical distribution system.
- Ensure repair efficiency and increased equipment up-time.
- Maintain master copies of production equipment control programs.
- Responsible for programming software maintenance / upgrade for equipment controls.
- Resource for engineering on various equipment and process capital projects.
- Electronics technical advisor to maintenance personnel.
- Investigate and recommend new technology for improving maintenance quality and equipment reliability.
- Conduct and assist in training electronic maintenance personnel on CNC, PLC and electronic control systems.
- Provide leadership for hourly plant electronic technicians and main point of contact for electrical and electronic contractors in the facility.
- Create and maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Design or reengineer production equipment to meet required process capabilities.
- Alternate maintenance supervisor for other crafts.
- Provides weekend/holiday coverage rotation for maintenance support and emergency situations.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering
- 2 yrs. min. experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in understanding, trouble-shooting, design, retro-fit, and installation of CNC, PLC, and PC control systems.
- Experience with machine control modifications.
- Strong root cause failure analysis skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.