- Provide direct supervision and technical guidance to Linemen, Groundman and Apprentices (Line Crews) performing maintenance and construction activities on all electrical distribution lines and associated electrical equipment or substation projects.
- Responsible for coordinating essential personnel on-site for the project to include crew mobilization
- Communicate and enforce all safety regulations
- Manage supplies, materials and equipment
- Assist with planning, directing and budget activities concerned with the construction of towers, foundations, lines, and other electrical material and equipment used for transmission line, distribution line and/or substation construction projects
- Read and interpret site plans, construction drawings, and scopes of work
- Communicate directly with Superintendents, Construction Managers, Project Managers, Line Crews and other project personnel as required
- Understand and follow detailed construction schedules
- Must presently be qualified to be a Journeyman Lineman. Documentation of completion of a journeyman lineman program or certificate of craft for Power Line Technical is required
- Prior experience as a Foreman, General Foreman or Superintendent highly preferred
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, blueprints and scopes of work
- Must be able to coordinate and collaborate with multiple personnel from the field to the office
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home
- Experience with digger derricks, bucket trucks, trenchers, and groundwork with utility crews is required
- Ability to work at heights up to and above 100 feet preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively, have good teamwork skills and able to understand, comprehend, and follow directions in the workplace
- Must have a quality work ethic and be committed to optimum customer service
- Must be able to work additional hours
- A high awareness of safety and compliance with company safety rules is required at all times
- Possession of a valid Commercial driver's license Class A preferred.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Competitive benefit plan available.
Apply at: www..myrgroup.com. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.