Line Mechanic C-A (2nd Yr Apprentice - Journeyman Lineman)
1. Assemble, install, maintain, remove, and inspect conductors, fixtures, and other associated equipment on overhead and underground facilities.
2. Operate cutouts, line switches, reclosers, and other sectionalizing devices.
3. Refuse line and transformer devices.
4. Change line and transformer taps; Phase out and/or parallel circuits.
5. Select proper standard drawings, interpret, and proceed with all new construction and live-line work.
6. Make energized cut-overs from old poles and equipment to new or temporary installations.
7. Install, maintain, and switch underground residential distribution and commercial facilities.
8. Direct crew when assigned.
9. Obtain, issue, accept, and release clearances or permits in accordance with established switching and tagging procedures.
10. Instruct customers on meter or service locations as well as advise on equipment-related service interruptions.
Education: High school diploma or GED
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of work experience as an Apprentice Lineman/Line Mechanic D, or the equivalent experience as determined by the Company
Licenses/Certifications: Valid Class A CDL is required.
Residence within 45 minutes drive time of assigned location or willingness to relocate, at own expense, to meet distance requirement is necessary.
Successful completion of the Construction and Skilled Trades (CAST) test is required for entry into this position.