1 PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Develop and support applications to meet business objectives and needs.
Assist with planning and analyzing projects.
Establish schedules and project parameters.
Collaborate to assess needs and ensure timely, accurate project solutions.
Provide support for a variety of information systems tasks.
2 RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
Within the limits of approved board policies, operating guides and procedures, assumes responsibility for the following activities:
Provides application and report development to enhance business processes.
Develops, tests, and debugs program codes.
Provides development and technical support for a variety of third party applications.
Performs system administration and system security functions on applications.
Creates documentation for user training of software and business processes.
Trains users in the set-up and use of all applications to help users become more proficient in the use of various systems and technology.
Communicates and demonstrates progress to project stakeholders and other team members.
Develops and maintains master SCADA system displays and databases.
Performs routine maintenance on master SCADA system.
Successfully handles multiple concurrent projects and tasks with little direct supervision.
Independently establishes workload priorities and discusses problems or clarifications of new or existing procedures with supervisor.
Maintains and develops knowledge, skills, and abilities to meet the ever-changing requirements of the Cooperative.
Seeks and applies training opportunities.
n) Performs any other duties assigned in order to fulfill the objective of the Cooperative.
3 POSITION SPECIFICATIONS
A degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred. Work experience in lieu of education may be considered.
b) WORK EXPERIENCE:
Job experience beneficial, but not necessary.
c) JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Required: Two years computer programming experience
Experience with databases and SQL programming language
SQL Server Database
d) WORKING CONDITIONS:
Inside position with the usual office conditions. Normally have regular hours of work. Some overtime may be required.
e) PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Sedentary work requiring exertion of up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Light lifting of up to 20 pounds. Job requires sitting most of the time.
- Requires repetitive motions with hands and fingers such as dialing and keyboarding.
- Primarily inside work at a desk.
- Must be able to use office equipment such as a copier, computer and printer.
- Must be able to communicate to individuals and large and small groups.
- Requires analyzing data and reports, conducting research, and coordinating people and resources.
- Skills in developing plans, procedures and goals required.
- Must be able to present information to others and work under stress.
4 WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Establishing and maintaining pleasant working relationships with all fellow employees in achieving the objectives of the Cooperative.
- Cooperating with members and the general public and assisting them in a friendly and courteous manner. Also, promotes an understanding and acceptance of the Cooperative's objectives, viewpoint and programs.
5 REPORTS TO:
a) System Administrator
b) Keeps the System Administrator informed concerning work in progress and work completed. Also consults with him/her concerning problems which hinder efficient completion of the duties and responsibilities of the position.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
MWEC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules based on its duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities.