Journey Line Worker
This position requires travel!
- Adhere to safety practices and procedures for both Cianbro and client as required, such as grounding, checking equipment regularly, proficient use of safety equipment, erecting barriers around work areas, and understanding and complying with tagging and grounding rules and be able to verify de-energized. Coordinate work assignment preparation and completion with other workers requiring safe work practices, mature analytical ability and judgment.
- Replace damaged poles with new poles and straighten the poles. Erect poles and light or heavy duty transmission towers. Attach cross arms, insulators, and auxiliary equipment to poles. Dig holes and anchor holes using augers, install ground rods, and set poles using cranes and power equipment. Trim trees that could be hazardous to the functioning of cables or wires.
- Pull cable including double bundle conductor with wire pulling equipment and/or air support. by hand from large reels mounted on trucks. Lay underground cable directly in trenches or string it through conduit running through the trenches. Cut trenches for laying underground cables, using trenches and cable plows.
- Safely install, maintain, and repair electrical distribution and transmission systems, including conductor, cables, sagging, clipping, dead end terminations and associated appliances. Climb poles with Lineman's hooks and use truck-mounted buckets to access equipment.
- Open switches or attach grounding devices in order to remove electrical hazards from disturbed or fallen lines or to facilitate repairs. Place insulating or fireproofing materials over conductors and joints. Identify defective sectionalizing devices, circuit breakers, fuses, voltage regulators, transformers, switches, relays, or wiring using and understanding prints, wiring diagrams and electrical-testing instruments.
- Inspect and test power lines and auxiliary equipment to locate and identify problems, using reading and testing instruments. test conductors, according to electrical diagrams and specifications to identify corresponding conductors and to prevent incorrect connections.
- Understand basic electrical theory, distribution circuits, 3 Phase AC, interpret blueprints and 1-line drawings and effectively operate a transit. Assist in the training and direction of employees in lower classifications.
- Safely operate various types of transmission and distribution equipment i.e. Digger/Derrick flex track, bucket trucks, wire puller/tensioner.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Requires a record of safe driving (Class A CDL required at hire or within one year of hire).
- CPR and First Aid certification required.
- Requires ability to climb poles and structures.
- Position requires frequent off-hour call-ins and travel.
- Strong understanding and safety sense relating to energized systems.
- Ability to be effective in a diverse and multicultural environment.
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external customers.
- Requires wearing specialized protective or safety equipment, working outdoors exposed to all weather conditions and terrain including new right of way construction.
- Must be able to work at elevated heights.
- Highline construction and 345 experience preferred.
Lineman/Lineworker - Journey Level
Note: Some listings may also have apply info in the ad itself