3rd, 4th Year Apprentice or 1st Class Line Worker
The City of Burlington, Vermont, Burlington Electric Department is seeking applications for a highly motivated full-time 3rd, 4th year apprentice or 1st Class Line Worker; this position offers a competitive wage, benefits and a great environment to work in. The applicant must possess a high school diploma or its equivalent, a minimum of three years of experience as an electric utility lineworker , must have completed a recognized lineworker training program and have an ability to work at heights. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Applications and resumes should be submitted online, please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/burlingtonvt for the full job posting.
Essential Job Responsibilites:
- Ensure the safe installation, maintenance and removal of overhead and underground lines, equipment and apparatus.
- Install, maintain and trouble shoot transformer banks with various primary and secondary voltages.
- Perform level one requirements of the BED switching and tagging list.
- Respond to, and repair various overhead and underground distribution system disturbances.
- Assist in the training of apprentice lineworkers.
- Climb poles, and operate bucket trucks and other aerial lift equipment.
- Inspection of contractor installations.
- Conduct switching and tagging operations on VELCO and GMP electrical systems.
- Locate underground lines using appropriate locating equipment (Dig Safe).