Analyst I - Transmission Coordination & Planning
Analyst I – Transmission Coordination & Planning
Little Rock, AR, USA
Transmission Coordination & Planning / Full Time
March 2, 2016
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
An Analyst I possesses the initiative and technical skills to provide planning support services required to assist the Transmission Coordination & Planning Department in providing Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) with well-planned, efficient, highly reliable, and optimally performing facilities. The position requires someone who can maintain a high degree of situational awareness to meet continually changing conditions with a fresh and adaptable approach. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and continuing to strive to push AECC’s mission forward.
- Assists in performing planning and analysis work related to AECC and member cooperatives distribution and transmission facilities.
- Collects and organizes planning data, manufacturer specifications, drawings, photographs, documents, publications and research materials and updates and maintains reports and databases.
- Assists with system modeling functions in accordance with the division modeling procedures and practices.
- Assists with Construction Work Plan (CWP) and Long Range Plan (LRP) evaluations; including performing research for evaluating load data and equipment cost estimates.
- Assists with maintaining planning software including estimating software costs in preparation of budget items, work orders, and processing invoices.
- Assists with updating department’s web site to insure that all engineering data and diagrams for AECC production and transmission facilities are current controlled.
- Assists with production and transmission equipment facility ratings program.
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to attend various in-state and out-of-state seminars and trainings
- 2 Retirement Plan Options
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 9 Paid holidays
- Educational assistance
- Vacation and sick leave accruals
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program