1st Class Line Worker
Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. (AECI) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
A 1st Class Line Worker holding a CDL constructs and maintains electrical distribution and transmission systems. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and strive to push forward AECI’s mission.
NOTE: This position is not with a member cooperative. AECI contracts to member cooperatives and others as needed. This contract work could include working for cities, municipalities and gas companies.
- Installs poles, conductor, transformers, meters, hardware on energized lines or de-energized lines in keeping with specifications and customer requirements.
- Reviews plans and specifications.
- Required to operate a vehicle with a GVW rating in excess of 26,000 pounds requiring a Class A CDL license. Operates bucket truck digger-derrick and other equipment on job site, as required.
- Informs supervisor of equipment and materials required to complete jobs. Assists foreman in carrying out work plans.
- Trains other crew members in construction of electrical systems as directed by crew foreman.
- Performs basic maintenance on equipment.
- Perform other related duties as required for the effective and efficient operation of the Construction Department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, plus 4 to 5 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License
- Ability to travel up to 100% of work week
- Ability to work 10 hour shifts, 4 days a week with overtime as needed
- During storm season, expect in and out of state storm recovery work
- Must be prepared with and willing to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times. All PPE must meet safety standard as required by AECI
- CPR and First Aid training
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 9 Paid holidays.
- Educational assistance
- Vacation and sick leave accruals
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program