Opening for a Working Foreman
August 9, 2016
The Town of Stowe Electric Department has an opening for a Working Foreman. Reporting to the Director of Operations and the General Manager of SED, the foreman is responsible for overseeing projects including the work of linemen. It is necessary for the working foreman to be a skilled electrician who is experienced in the field of construction. In addition to taking the lead on maintaining and repairing transmission lines, this individual must communicate with different trade professionals, including plumbers and other construction workers, so that projects remain on target with timing and budget. Also, an electrical foreman is not only aware of the safety standards necessary when working with high-voltage wiring but makes sure that other laborers are adhering to those precautions as well. This is an IBEW Local 300 Union position and as such is subject to language changes in the union contract.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Transformer troubleshooting.
- Determine the materials needed for each job and order items accordingly.
- Lead a team of linemen and report to the Director of Operations.
- Lead, assign and supervise work.
- Record keeping and reporting.
- Safety training and procedures.
- Working with substation equipment P/T and C/T metering.
- Keeping current on regulations and changes through ongoing training.
- Basic distribution and transmission.
- Safe and timely completion of work assignments.
- Underground terminations and testing.
- On call responsibilities for emergencies, outages and inclement weather.
- Ongoing safety training for CPR and first aid training.
- Instruction and training in Rubber Gloving
- Working energized conductors (primary and secondary)
- Setting Poles
- Framing Poles
- Guying Poles
- Stringing and Sagging Conductors
- Mounting Equipment
- Setting Transformers
- Transformer Connections
- Grounding Equipment
- Tree Trimming
- Maintenance Work on high-voltage lines
- Trouble shooting
- Working with safety and VOSHA requirements
- Maintaining training and skill in underground systems
- Project Management
- Any other duties assigned by the Director of Operations or General Manager.
- Very strong customer service skills.
- Team player with good communication skills
- Meticulous with an attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Project Management skills
- Ability to create, inspire and lead a cohesive team of line maintainers
Minimum Education and Experience required:
- 5 years as a First class Line Maintainer
- 2 years in a Supervisory position
- HS Diploma or GED, Associate Degree preferred
- Strong computer skills
- Hours are 7-3pm Monday through Friday
- On-Call assignments required
- This position requires 24/7 on-call availability on a regular basis for emergencies, and time outside normal business hours on a frequent basis.
- Stowe Electric Department offers a superior benefit package which includes health, dental and life insurance, short & long term disability and an exceptional 401a plan.
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age and have high school diploma or GED as well as 1st Class Line Maintainer certification. Upon hiring, the candidate will be required to attain a Vermont CDL, and complete required safety and VOSHA requirements.
Please Submit Resume prior to September 2nd to:
Town of Stowe Electric Department
Attn: David Kresock
Director of Operations
P.O. Box 190
Stowe, VT 05672
Fax: (802) 253-4555