Holy Cross Energy
Holy Cross Energy is a member owned, not-for-profit electric cooperative with over 150 dedicated employees committed to providing our members with the best possible services at a reasonable and competitive cost consistent with sound business and environmental practices. Holy Cross Energy (HCE) was founded in 1939 by a group of farmers in the Roaring Fork and Eagle River Valleys in an effort to bring electric service to the rural farming areas of the two valleys.
We are proud to provide energy and services to farms, ranches and friendly rural communities in the Colorado River (New Castle,Silt, Rifle and Battlement Mesa), Eagle River (Dotsero, Gypsum, Eagle, Edwards, Wolcott, Avon and Vail) and Roaring Fork Valleys (Carbondale, Basalt, Snowmass Village and Aspen), as well as major ski resorts located in the Aspen and Vail areas and others in the tourist and outdoor recreation industry. Our headquarters is located in Glenwood Springs; we have District offices in Gypsum and Avon, Colorado. We believe in being a conscientious steward of our natural resources, and have been a pioneer in leading several long-standing programs supporting efficiency, conservation and renewable energy. HCE was one of the first utilities in Colorado to offer Net Metering to its consumers, and was among utility pioneers in offering consumers the option of purchasing renewable energy to offset their carbon footprint. HCE has provided thousands of complimentary Residential Energy Audits since the 1980's.
- Are empowered to lead at all levels
- Are committed to the safety and welfare of themselves, their co-workers and the general public
- Create teams that build on the strengths of each individual
- Are accountable, take ownership and responsibility for their words and actions
- Are guided by integrity in their decision making, treatment of one another and follow through on their commitments
- Strive to treat each other and our members with the highest degree of respect, empathy and trust
- Are committed to meeting our member’s needs and expectations
Our service territory is rich in outdoor recreational opportunities, including skiing/snowboarding, hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, golfing, biking, whitewater rafting/kayaking, soaking in a hot springs and many others.
We offer a generous benefit package, which includes medical, dental, prescription and vision insurance, wellness program, life and long term disability insurance, sick, vacation and holiday paid time off, housing allowance and comprehensive retirement programs.Click here for Employee Benefit Summary (PDF).